Saturday, February 12, 2011

Product Review


Currently, I am driving a 1.3L Proton Saga LMST year 2007, with its original 4G13 engine. Indeed there are differences in my car’s performance after changing the engine lubricant to Castrol EDGE 5W40.

As my car has a carburetor engine, previously it would vibrate violently during cold start for at least 5 – 8 minutes before it warms up and settles down. However, after changing the lubricant to Castrol EDGE 5W40, it only takes around 1-2 minutes for the engine to warm up and settle down.

At high RPM, my car sounds quieter but could not notice much difference when at low RPM. I normally drive below 110 km/hr on highway, which is at comfortable level when the engine noise was not too noisy. However, after I have changed the lubricant to Castrol EDGE 5W40, I noticed that I can speed up to even at 120 km/hr and yet the engine still sounds quiet.

Acceleration

I may not have a dynamometer to test the car’s performance, however, I feel that my car’s performance seems to have improved. My car is now more responsive and I can accelerate faster than before. Below is the video I did before I change my car’s engine lubricant to Castrol EDGE 5W40.


This is the video clip after I have changed to Castrol EDGE 5W40

Before the change, my car took 14.8 seconds to sprint from 0 to 100 km/hr. After the change to Castrol EDGE, my car’s can accelerate better and took only 13.3 seconds to sprint from 0 to 100 km/hr.

I also find that my car can accelerate faster above 3000rpm. There is also more power when driving up hill.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 1.5 seconds improvement! Wonder what will be the time if you are alone in the car...

    ReplyDelete